Returns & Exchanges
Refund and repair rights under the Australian Consumer Law
Nothing in this policy affects rights you may have under the Australian Consumer Law.
If an item does not comply with applicable consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law, we will:
- if the item has a ‘major failure’, provide a refund, exchange or, if you prefer, a store credit; or
- if the problem is not a major failure, repair the item within a reasonable time or, if it is not able to be repaired within a reasonable time, you can choose a refund, replacement or, if you prefer, a store credit.
A ‘major failure’ occurs if the item:
- has a problem that would have stopped a reasonable person from buying it if they had known about the failure;
- is unsafe;
- is significantly different from the sample or description provided by us (if any); or
- doesn’t do what we said it would do, or what you asked for and can’t easily be fixed within a reasonable period of time.
Proof of purchase must be provided for your item. Please see the Checklist below to complete a claim by post or you can visit the Cowboys Team Shop in person.
The consumer guarantees do not apply (and we are not required to provide a refund, exchange, repair etc), where you:
- bought the item(s) for resupply;
- you changed your mind or found the item cheaper elsewhere;
- misused the product in a way that caused the problem; or
- knew or where made aware of the problem before you bought it.
Exchanges and store credits
If you have changed your mind, received an unwanted present or ordered an incorrect size, we may exchange the item or issue a store credit, excluding perishable items (including jewellery), providing the following has been met:
- the item(s) are returned within 30 days of the date of purchase;
- the item(s) are in original condition and able to be re-sold;
- the swing tags are provided (if applicable); and
- proof of purchase is provided.
The Cowboys Team Shop is not liable for returned items that are lost or damaged in transit. We recommend that items are packed appropriately and sent via registered post.
While you can make a claim by visiting the Cowboys Team Shop in person, if you want to make a postal claim for a refund/exchange/store credit/repair, please follow the following checklist:
- Phone the Cowboys Team Shop on (07) 4724 8002 to confirm your refund, exchange or store-credit options (if any) and receive your return authorisation number. Print and complete the Returns Form. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD & PRINT RETURNS FORM.
- Read and accept the applicable Terms and Conditions on the form.
- Enclose this completed form, original receipt or proof of purchase and the item in your parcel.
- Return the item(s) to the Cowboys Team Shop using the address on the form.
Important requirements for items sent by post
Refunds by post
Where goods are being returned for a refund by post, we will reimburse you for the cost of the item, original postage, plus the postage cost to return the item, once it has been received and found to qualify for a refund.
If your item does not qualify for a refund, we will contact you to discuss options, which may include sending your item(s) back to you at your cost or you collecting the item(s) from the Cowboys Team Shop.
Exchanges & store credits by post
Where goods are being returned for exchange or store credit by post, the cost of sending the item to us is to be covered by you.
When returning, please include a self-addressed, pre-paid satchel to allow us to send you the replacement item. The item being returned must be returned in accordance with the Checklist above.
The postage fees are payable by you and are not refundable by us.
The Cowboys Team Shop is not liable for items lost or damaged during transit to or from you for exchanges or store credits. We recommended that a traceable method of postage is used and insurance purchased (these are at your cost and are not refundable).
If the conditions outlined in the Exchanges & Store Credits section above are not met for your item, we will contact you to discuss your options, which may include sending your item(s) back to you at your cost or you collecting the item(s) from the Cowboys Team Shop.